
I let the kids choose their costumes this year with some hesitation only because it seemed they changed their minds on the subject often! However, time was marching on and I was fearful costumes would sell out so in late September Jacob selected Optimus Prime (a "good" transformer) and Catherine choose "Tangled" (Rapunzel.) Before that particular trip to Target, however, Jacob had professed an interest in being Darth Vader while Catherine had planned to be Jessie from Toy Story (a hand-me-down from Cousin Lily.) Here's the funny part - I bought the costumes and they wore them to Zoo Boo, around the house, Jacob wore his to preschool, and for our Halloween party here at home. BUT on Halloween night for trick-or-treating, Catherine wanted to wear the Jessie costume and Jacob in support of his sister wore LAST YEAR'S Buzz Lightyear costume. Made me laugh.
We had a fun month celebrating Halloween. We started our festivities with a trip to "Zoo Boo," which was perhaps slightly over-rated and much too crowded for me as with our membership this year we can go anytime, but it was fun for them to wear their costumes, see the animals eating their food out of pumpkins, and decorate their own mini-pumpkins with paint pens (Catherine LOVED this.) Plus, the new elephant exhibit was open finally which was a huge hit with our pachyderm-loving daughter.






The kid's preschool has a Fall Festival each year and I always try to volunteer to see them in their element. There are games for them to play, a treasure search, crafts, face painting (see Richie) etc. Hopefully you LOVE Catherine's Halloween dress. I bought it second hand and she hated it instantly (apparently she has a strong dislike of polka dots?!) but I couldn't return it and so wanted her to wear it at least once. After doing different bribery activities I was finally successful. : )




And finally we concluded our festivities on Halloween with a party at our house with some preschool friends and then pizza and trick-or-treating (see other post) with the Schubert's around the neighborhood. The kids wore their costumes for the party and in general strewed toys
about and had a good time... We decorated foam pumpkins with stickers, painted pumpkins with paint pens (idea stolen from zoo), bobbed for apples - (this is always amusing - see Miss Addison), and decorated sugar cookies.




No comments:
Post a Comment