Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blankets and Boots...






January 2011 (Sorry I am a bit behind and attempting to catch up since Christmas...)

The kids got these fuzzy matching blankets from their "Aunt Heidi" for Christmas and they just love them... They are monogrammed with their names and Jacob's has Buzz and Woody from Toy Story while Catherine's has Belle from Beauty and the Beast (Aunt Heidi's all time favorite Disney movie.) Here are a few pictures of them snuggling with them.

I also bought the kids some rain boots (and I am sad to say they have already outgrown them as I write this post!) They were by far the most popular footwear purchase to date and Catherine not only can put hers on herself, but has a tendency to prefer them even when there is very obviously no rain in the skies above. The idea was born out of their love to take "puddle walks" thru the neighborhood, but it was just too cold to go barefoot. (It seems that with our current Texas drought we may not be doing that again anytime soon!) I wish I had my camera on a few of these walks as I think the images would've been priceless! At any rate, we have long since determined the best spots in the sidewalk/on the golf course for good puddle stomping and so the kids spend whole minutes running and jumping thru these puddles - so much so that the boots are filled with water when we arrive home and new clothing is required. I often wonder what the cars that drive by us must be thinking! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment