Friday, September 3, 2010

Jacob - 3 and counting...




September 2010 (pics from August) - I cannot believe that Jacob will be going to "big-boy" school in just two years. I guess that sounds like a long time from now, however, after being a parent for even just a little while I know it is not. And he is looking so grown-up! So I just thought I'd do a little "post" dedicated to being Jacob and being 3. : )

In terms of behavior Greg said wisely at some point that we thought having a two-year-old was challenging, until we had a three-year-old. : ) I'll leave it at that. I do believe in terms of building life-long-character everyone should serve as a waiter or waitress and have a little boy. There is nothing quite like it. ; )

Right now Jacob loves watching or reading Curious George. He also loves the Toy Story characters, especially Buzz Lightyear. He likes to jump off of furniture and say "To infinity and beyond!" He still plays with his Thomas the Train trains and also his Lightening McQueen cars as well. He continues to be a bookworm, although he also loves television and is very displeased when I turn it off (cue weeping, rendering of garments, and gnashing of teeth.) One evening during dinner he kept begging for it even though I had said "no" already several times. While Greg was sitting next to me at the table he turned to me and said "Dad said I could" even though Greg most certainly had not! Later that evening when they were sleeping Greg rated him "poor on execution," but "well-done on manipulation." : ) Another cute story: we were playing with Play Doh (why do they always want to eat it?!) and I had included some cookie cutters in our play. Taking the Noah's Ark mini-set he turned to me and said: "Mom, these are God's animals - aren't they beautiful?"

He also loves Old Testament stories (we found some books with CDs so we listen to them in the car too), especially "David and Goliath and Jonah and the Whale." Greg and I find that especially endearing. And he is particularly cute to watch when he is re-creating/re-enacting a scene or situation from a book or TV program he watched recently. He does this fairly often and he is pretty good at it too. : )

He took to potty-training like a duck to water the week following his 3rd birthday. It was the easiest parenting "chore" I have done yet and we are so proud of how well he has done with it. He seemed to slowly get into baseball this summer and is signed up for soccer beginning early in October. He will have his former baseball coach as his soccer coach: "Coach Paul" who he really liked. He began preschool this week at Happy Harbour and has done wonderfully of which I am so relieved and thankful. No crying at all, unlike last year in which he cried until Thanksgiving it seemed! He goes three days a week now for four hours each day. His new teachers names' are: Ms. Nancy and Ms. Roni and there are fourteen children in his class. He has been gobbling the lunch I pack so I know he is learning and playing hard.

He and Catherine are the best of friends and play for the most part really well together. She continues to take his drinks from him and sit in his chair while he is sitting in it and is very tolerant of it all. He is a sweet little boy - very affectionate and loving, rambunctious and giggly, loves to get physical (sometimes even the adults sustain injury) and play outside as always.

And PS he loves to help me in the kitchen!

He is a blessing, a joy, and sometimes a bit of a Godly challenge. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment