


June 11th-13th - In early June, my generous father treated us all to a trip to Sedona, Arizona, where my Cousin Brodie and his new bride Jennie were married in a spectacularly beautiful setting. We had a wonderful time - Jacob and Catherine were great travelers both in the airplane to Phoenix and in the car to Sedona (another 2 hours.) We were excited to see "Bumpa" (Grandpa Eric), Shane, Jenny, and Cousin Lily, and E.T. too plus all the other relatives on my dad's side we hadn't seen in a long while.We flew in Friday evening and got to attend the "Rehearsal Fiesta" at Poco Diablo (golf) Resort. And then the next evening of course was the wedding at the Tlaquepaque - a beautiful shopping village that had a very Southwestern feel. It was obvious the bride and groom were a good fit. Aunt Jenny thought to bring a portable DVD player and so the grown-ups actually got to eat their meal and enjoy it! I wish I could say that I included more pictures of the wedding setting or bride and groom, however, my youngest brother E.T. was instructed to take good pictures with our camera while we did baby crowd control to make sure we did not interrupt the wedding, etc. Instead, I got pictures of my other brother "Dr. Shane" in random poses being silly. I love my two brothers. : )
I think the cutest part of the weekend was the delight with which the three cousins received each other, particularly Jacob and Lily. It is easy to forgot that small children are just as happy playing in the hotel pool together (or rather pushing in the dads!) than seeing the local sights. Also, for some reason Jacob kept taking his clothes off in Shane and Jenny's room (I guess to put his swimsuit on) and that was just funny. It was a really fun family trip and I loved seeing everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment